I'm still working on a couple of paintings. They are getting closer to being done. In the meantime, I was needing a new idea journal. I bought a premade journal at Hobby Lobby. I rather like the paper that is inside. Most of my journal ends up being pen and ink, not complete pages so I didn't need really heavy paper for this. First, I sanded the outside covers to rough them up. Next, I put down a layer of titanium white, not really thick as I wanted a little of the black to show through and then some fluid acrylic color. The little stripes of black are from a paper napkin adhered with matte medium. I did the painting of "Sweet Baby's Incident" separately and put it all together using gel medium.
Inside the covers, I adhered some scrapbook paper for a more decorative look.
On the back, I drew the little pen and ink drawings on deli paper and adhered them with matte medium.