Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A Lovely Gift!

I have had a great week so far!  First, my sweet (and gorgeous) friend Kathie Vezzani (Washington State) sent me an amazing "open letter" called Dear Gorgeous Girl.  It was just the perfect way to start the day.  I encouraged her to post it on her blog so everyone else could enjoy it as well.

Next, I went to the mail box and there.....completely unexpectedly....and in a beautifully decorated envelope, was the sweetest little handmade owl from my (also sweet and gorgeous!) friend from Canada, Tammy McGee.

These 2 amazing people are representative of the wonderful, life-changing event known as ARTFEST!  I first went to Artfest 5 years ago.  I went alone but made fast friends immediately (with my Artfest Other-Half, Cheryl McLeod).  It was such an inspiring event that I came home, changed my whole artistic life and by the next year, I was teaching there!  Every year I meet people that stay in my life.  It is so refreshing to have an extended family of like-minded artists who are so accepting and encouraging.  Please look into the event.  It will change your life!



One final thing (really 2 final things!):  Here are 2 paintings from this week.  The first is one of the black and white drawings from last week.


10 comments:

Tammy said...

ooh! Sunny :o) you are so sweet and Kind! Thank you for putting such lovely words in your email and your blog about me :o) I am really so happy I could bless you with the little guy :o)xoxox Glad you like him. Love the paintings on this post too! I have done a few this week that I hope to post today if I can :o) MISS you so much! Cant wait to see you at artsyfest! YAY!!!OOOOH! I am also inviting people to bring a costume to wear one night!! Im going to be a woodland fairy I think! would you like to play??

Sunny Carvalho said...

Oh, my gosh! (fanning myself in a very Southern manner) "Whatever shall I BE?!!" If I can think of something, I'll join in! Let me know which night.

I miss you, too! I wish we could get together at Journalfest. I still have just too much on my plate to commit to it just yet (as I'm sure you do as well!). I can't wait for Artfest! xoxo

Regina said...

isn't tammy wonderful?! I got a little owl too. It's the sweetest!

Love your new paintings! You are amazing!!

Kristin said...

The owl is so adorable, I love it! I'm going to have to check out her blog :) and your paintings are fantastic. I especially like that first one, awesooooome!

Anonymous said...

Sunny, you are so sweet to link to my blog. Sitting here looking out over the rocky coastline of Mendocino. Thinking of the gang and having a drink or two......Ciao.

Unknown said...

Hey there Sunshine, Isn't it great to receive lovely things in the mail, instead of the usual bills?
If I lived closer, Artfest would be on my list, for sure.
Love your latest paintings. AWESOME WORK AS USUAL.
Kyles =D

Unknown said...

Oh, how I love those girls of yours and her faces! Love love love!

Tammie Lee said...

Sunny your two pieces are gorgeous, I love what you did with them!

And your owl gift is fantastic. how lovely that Tammy blessed you with her gifts!

Nessa said...

love love love love your art!!!

K8 said...

don't you just love those days of sweet surprises?! BTW, I can't remember if I told you or not but I got into your cuff making class at Artfest - I'm so excited!