Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Something else....!

Here are this week's paintings.  It's funny...I realized yesterday that I haven't painted a "Pretty Girl" in quite some time.  I'm beginning to think that illustration may be the path that I go down at some point.  Maybe a children's book?  Something to think about...

The colors in this painting are so much more vivid.  I truly hate my photography!  LOL

Now, you'll have to get ready for this one!  Hahaha!  I love this kind of stuff!  Everything is painted except for the face of this odd little girl I call "Nest Thief" and the nest.  Her face is handsculpted ceramic, glazed and painted.  Her teeth are sculpted separately and inserted so that they are 3-D.  The nest is wire and beads and actually swings by a nail.  Her hair is a combination of clippings from a friend's poodle and wool straight off a sheep!  I know...I am so weird!  I'm okay with that!



I'm finishing up the chains on the pendants, they are coming along nicely.  I did a few bracelets as well but they aren't quite ready yet.  More soon...


11 comments:

earthen-magic said...

...yoU are some way special awesomeness! ~ thankyoU sO much for this delectable treasure! ~ blessed be!...
...xXx...

Tammie Lee said...

love your
love your style and paintings... so wonderfully unique and great. yes, a children's book! i want to make one too!

Sharon Tomlinson said...

Yes so weird but you do sprkle when you spin!

Art by Darla Kay said...

Weird? NO! Creative and fun, oh YES!!

Tom Sarmo said...

I am psyched by these two paintings--both image and COLOR use. Quite envious--in a good way :) and the crazy dog in the first and the bird in the second are classics!

Tom Sarmo said...

Hey Sunny--thanks for your comments about Theo Ellesworth and the compliments about what I make! I def. am intrigued by the differences in the ways artists approach their work. And I don't think these two paintings of yours look like they are from different sources--both have your style stamp on them :)

sweet pea jewelry said...

I just found your blog, and I LOVE your work. I am attending artfest this year for the first time. I hope I get to meet up with you and say Hi.

Sandy

Sunny Carvalho said...

Sandy, I have tried to email you twice but it keeps bouncing back! Please DO find me at Artfest! I will either be in the dining hall at mealtime or in Dorm 225, Room 65. I look forward to meeting you!!

michelle allen said...

of course, i LOVE your "weird" and beautiful girls! i also love the bit of 3D incorporated into the painting. very fun addition.
... a few more weeks. :)

neiko ng said...

aww your work is very lovely and unique!! very nice!!

*btw, thanks for the comment on my blog :)

Unknown said...

If we weren't all a little weird it'd be boring. You use poodle fur and I'm mesmerized by faucets. Haha