Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Saturday in Dollandia

This past Saturday, I felt in need of some immediate gratification.  I came from the world of labor intensive porcelain dolls.  It's just not possible to make one in one day!  I instead chose to use Paperclay.  I don't often make my figures out of Paperclay, chosing instead (these days) to use ceramic clay.  I was very happy with the feel of the clay, the blendability and of course, the drying time!

I wanted a non-perfect, almost Tim Burtonish face and a very poseable body.  I made her body from wood and the arms and legs are Paperclay over wooden dowels.  I hope you enjoy seeing her!

7 comments:

Teddi said...

u created this? awesome!

Tara @ Aquamarine Art said...

Wow! I'd love to see what else you make. I just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to stop by my blog and enter my giveaway, and also for the birthday wishes and kind words about my work. :) And if it's any consolation, it's freezing cold and grey here mostly at the moment...

donnalouiserodgers said...

I make my dolls from Salt dough - it is so quick and totally 'moldable'

I think I might have seen your dolls legs during OWOH and I may have copied??

I saw so many inspiring things....

dx

Diane said...

Hi Sunny--I'm so glad that you have a blog, and I hope you keep posting. I first saw your work at Suzi's and now at Tam's.
I am such a big fan, and I just knew that you would create a doll like this--LOVE it!!

paula nerhus said...

she i s beautiful! thanks for your willingness to help me! I am sure I will need lots. waiting for my kiln to arrive.....and nervous to begin...
blessings paula

Christianne Teixeira said...

She is gorgeous!!

Jezie of Stars said...

Hi greeat reading your blog